This site was previously owned by Andean Labor Institute (ILA). It was a non-profit public body made up of several countries in Latin America. Their headquarter was based in Peru. Below is their physical address.
Andean Labour Institute ; ILA ; All Rights Reserved ; 2005
Av Paseo de la República No. 3832. ; Office 502, Lima 27 ; Peru
About the Andean Labour Institute
It was established in order to carry out research; training; information dissemination; as well as counseling organized workers of the member countries of the Cartagena Agreement. The Andean Labour Advisory Council; which was part of the Agreement, to achieve the objectives of integration.
The ILA was also a technical body of the Andean Labor Advisory Council for issues facing the integration; or perhaps derivatives and emerging from that process.
I’ve undertaken the task of rebuilding this website. I decided to publish interesting posts; which touch on the welfare of workers and labor unions. You can access the content by clicking the topics below.
In that sense, the Andean Labour Institute outlined their mandates; as can be seen below:
- Promote and coordinate the implementation of research work of general; specific and applied training; also dissemination programs on various aspects of Andean integration; as well as with other Latin American integration processes.
- Compromising efforts relating to consultation with the labor sector of the Andean countries; for the benefit of their people to achieve the goals of integration.
- Cooperate in the activities of the Central Trade Union Confederations and member countries of the Cartagena Agreement; on all aspects related to domestic labor problems; oriented towards integration.
- Conduct studies and analysis of economic and social problems of each country in the different branches of economic activity; with a view to the integration of the Andean subregion.
- Support; promote and develop programs; projects; studies; as well as activities that enable more training of workers of the Member Countries of the Cartagena Agreement; in accordance with the actions to be taken by the Andean Labor Advisory Council; with reference to the integration process.
- Conferences; meetings; seminars; symposia; courses; workshops; round tables and any other form of training events; training and dissemination on the problematic socio; labor integration; as well as edit and disseminate these experiences; research and relevant information.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other similar institutions in the region and beyond to better fulfill corporate objectives.
- Promote; agree; receive and provide national and international institutional purposes applicable to technical cooperation.
Click here to go to the first article about Unfair Dismissal.